Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Alaska Christian College June Team June 2 2019


Day Two was intended to be Alaska immersion day and boy was it! We spent the whole day in God’s creation and I’m sure that the team will be excited to share their pictures and stories with you when they get home.
And we met our “Ambassadors” These are students who the college hires for the summer to shepherd the serving teams. We have four of them and today two of them were celebrating their 21st birthday. The college hired well, these native students are warm and welcoming and have quickly integrated into our team.
My highlight for the day was something one of the students did instinctively. When I pulled the deck of cards out of my backpack to play a game with them, they suggested a game I hadn’t played before and when Keola learned that, he immediately asked “what are some card games you know?” It was so instinctive for him to be kind. And it is a simple thing. But it taught me how to have “eyes for others” and reminded me to set aside my own agenda to be inclusive.
As we drove back to the college we were playing worship music and this one really hit home after a day in Alaska.
This is my father's world
And to my listening ears
All nature sings, and round me rings
The music of the spheres
This is my father's world
The birds their carols raise
The morning light, the lily white
Declare their maker's praise
This is my father's world
I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas
His hand the wonders wrought
This is my father's world
Oh, let me never forget
That though the wrong seems oft so strong
God is the ruler yet
This is my father's world
Why should my heart be sad?
The Lord is king, let the heavens ring
God reigns, let the earth be glad
This is my father's world
He shines in all that's fair
In the rustling grass, I hear him pass
He speaks to me everywhere
In the rustling grass, I hear him pass
He speaks to me everywhere
Tonight we are praying for friends at home who are in the hospital and that Dave Dilworth will see a bear in the wild, in Alaska.
Thanks friends! Janet for the June team

No comments:

Post a Comment